List Building Using Social Media
Like anyone else I am fully aware that traffic is the life blood of any blog or website. Hence, I am always on the look out for new or improved information, in-fact I find it near irresistible not to buy ebooks, courses, and even fresh plr!
The other item that every online marketer should work on is building a list of loyal customer/subscribers.
With the massive growth in social media, traffic and list building go hand in hand. Social media is a fast moving environment if you wish to harness is potential to drive traffic and popularise your blog.
Here are a list of a few basics to get you started with social media list building.
1) Get/create something to give away or subscribe to; free downloadable ebook, software, video course, email course or even to be kept up to date with the blog itself (quality content is the key here)
2) Create a ‘Call to Action’ in your social media profile, on you page or in your post. This may seem really obvious but you would be surprised how many people don’t do it. Remember, it’s social media for socialising and sharing interesting and funny items first and foremost!
3) Build a landing page, also called a squeeze page to direct potential subscriber to. This page only needs to offer 2 options: Name and email address. Also add a some sort of sign-up/subscription form to your blog (if you have one) home page
4) Add sharing links to ALL your posts, including posts on your blog. Links or better still buttons for all the most popular social media networks will enable your readers to spread YOUR words.
5) Join groups! If you have a particular interest join a few groups of that interest and participate in the conversation share articles video clips etc. The same goes for the niche of your blog, don’t forget to add the links back to your blog.